Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer is Over


So that's it.
The summer is officially over!
This weekend to mark the end of the season (so to speak) D and I spent the weekend at the Raleigh Hotel on Miami Beach.
We had an oceanfront room at this historic (and pet friendly) hotel on 18th and Collins.
I spent the afternoon on Friday sketching poolside. Then I spent the entire day on Saturday reading poolside.
After a day of lounging some friends joined us for pool time and dinner on Lincoln Road.
On the other side of town, one of my good friends, Katie went into labor with her baby girl...funny story (as is normal for her and her hubs)...he was on a plane to RI. when her water broke...so the day was fun and adventurous in many ways for all of us. Today I went to the hospital to meet baby Adria...but I won't put pictures of her here.
I can't imagine having spent our last summer weekend in a better place with better people.
Tomorrow is the beginning of a very busy week which will "end" on Friday night with the opening of my big show at Books and Books in Coral Gables.
My first show in the Gables, I am beyond excited!




3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Ceci, sounds like a fun weekend in Miami Beach. Congratulations on your first show displaying your beautiful art.

    Cheers, have a great week. Elvira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic looking down at the pool. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ceci, summer isn't really over, is it? It's chilly here this morning, I had to put on a fleece even, and there's a house in Gtown with pumpkins on the stoop. All I could think of was, it's not even Labor Day, and summer officially lasts through September 21st. I'm still in summer. I refuse to let it be taken away from me!
    It looks like you had a great weekend. Have fun reading The Fountainhead!

    ReplyDelete